Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Have You Tried A Dresden Plate?

I have been having bloggers & sewing block lately but wanted to share this Dresden Plate Pin Cushion Tutorial I found. I want to give a Desden Plate a try as I have seen them made into some awesome candle mats or small round table mats. The size of this tutorial projects seems to be a good place to start.


I have to admit the sheep design did attract the Kiwi in me but it would look great with a sewing motif like a sewing machine stitchery or applique too. Made larger it would make an impressive cushion too.

This appeared on the Cutting Corners by Riley Blake website where they have a weekly tutorial though I found it on Facebook first. The design is by Sally's Angelworks. Sally has it on her blog in another lot of fabric, all pinky & turquoise yumminess so check it out there too.

I am very close to showing you are few updates on projects, almost - but not quite! So back to the sewing machine for me.......

Happy stitching
Tracee xx

7 comments:

  1. I love Dresden plates...and yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou Tracee i will go and check this site out ,i havent done one yet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute... I think I am being enticed by dresdens and I love the idea with a little stitchery inside...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pattern, thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dresden plates are so much fun to make. I have made quite a few projects with them. I'll be sharing my newest dresden plate quilt very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx