Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Life's A Hoot When Your 3!

My little friend Helen turned 3 today & there was a fairy party.

Every good fairy party needs a toadstool cake which Helen's clever mum Megs made. It tasted as good as it looks too though the resulting sugar rush in the 5s & under was quite loud for 10 minutes or so.


Here's my favourite fairy, the birthday girl, with her present I made her, an owl bag. It goes quite well with her fairy tutu.


The pattern is called In Cahoots from my favourite US magazine - Quilts and More, designed by Terry Atkinson. It is quilt as you go which makes for a nice & simple zip insertion.


It was my first time at cutting binding on the bias for curves too but doesn't that work a treat. My first effort I cut straight & once I got under my daylight lamp pinning realised that the fabric was red & not bright pink. Maybe that is why not everyone quilts at 11pm regularly like me.


It was a very happy day. I found out that as I sneak up on the age of 46, that my perfect man is one aged just over 5 months. Ahhh the cuddles were sublime!

Thank you Megsie for letting me showcase your gorgeous youngest daughter here & for a great party.

Happy partying!
Tracee xx

9 comments:

  1. what a cute cake and child and purse of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a awesome cake.....the bag is just so cute Tracee...Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little bag you made... zips and proper bias binding.... I bow down to you!!! Lovely cake and very cute fairy girl.... now I know where to start looking for the perfect man!! tooooo cute

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. what cute she is Tracee and loved the little hoot bag you made her its gorgeous,her mum did a wonderful job of that cake.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Helen, she's ADORABLE! Love her little owl bag, such a sweet gift! The cake is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracee, the owl bag is gorgeous, you did a great job. That birthday cake is so good. I bet it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The owl bag is gorgeous, you did a great job and it's the perfect gift for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya gotta love a fairy party! Wish fairy tutu's came in my size. The cake looks gorgeous as does the cute little owlie bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to the sweetest little fairy. Little kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx