Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Machine Sewing - yes ME!

Hi all,

At last I have done a little machine sewing, only 3 blocks & I was motivated by a very good cause.

I did my usual roller cutting in the middle of the night - it just seems to be when I feel like cutting fabric....


During the daylight hours I chain pieced...


I drew very nice straight lines...


I did more roller cutting.....


More chain piecing & lots of pressing...



And my results are Block 1 made to be part of a quilt for a little 3 year old girl....


Block 2 which is part of a quilt for an 11 year old girl...


And my favourite, Block 3 for a 3 & half year old little boy....



These are part of the Snugglybug Rug Project that is run by Helen Stubbing of Hugs & Kisses in Hobart. Thanks to Helen & her bugettes from all around Australia, the Snugglybug Rug Project runs as a way to provide a snuggle quilt to each child diagnosed with either a terminal illness or a long term disease requiring treatment in Tasmania.

Go to the link above & have a look at past quilts we have made & the standard pattern used. If you too have a hour here & there to help these wonderful kids then please sign up. There is always new quilters needed & it is such a caring idea for brave kids fighting big battles.

Happy sewing
Tracee xx

4 comments:

  1. what beautiful blocks for a wonderful cause and i am so glad your sewing machine remembered you,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sewing and such a great cause. Well done to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a wonderful cause! love your blocks that you have done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great motivation for your sewing. The blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx