Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Treasures

My treasure today is another saved craft work from the Op Shop. It is a lovely cross stitch sampler, framed & with anti glare glass. The cross stitch panel is 60 cm x 38cm (24 inches x 15 inches).



I started my stitching hobby with cross stitch so know this would take me so long to complete. Every stitch is perfect & so much time, effort, expense & love must has been expended to make it. It has pride of place in my home now & was a brilliant $20 investment.

To see a whole lot of treasures, go to Melody's blog & check out the other links.

Happy stitching
Tracee xx

12 comments:

  1. That sampler is amazing. I love the look of cross stitch but it is way too slow isgrowing for me. $20 and with such a lovely frame is a great investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! What a fantastically gorgeous find at an incredible steal of a price! Oh goodie for you!!!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sampler! I do cross-stitch too; my magnum opus has been in work for over 10 years now. One of these days I'll get it done.

    Happy stitching,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find. I really have to start going to op shops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sampler and a fabulous find. I think that is what I need, I pre-worked sampler. I never finish cross stitch, they bore me to tears.
    Such a beautiful treasure to hang on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone took this to an OP shop !!!! It is so gorgeous. Cheers Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tracee,

    Oh big congratulations on snagging this one, the op-shop could have made a fortune selling this on the web.

    Happy op-shopping.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic find ...... doesn't it make you want to know who made it etc when you find such loveliness in the shop... and who gave it away??
    definitely was your day shopping...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found that in an OP-SHOP? WOW! You should feel very proud of rescuing that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having also done cross stitch I know the time this would have taken and the $20 was a steal , it is beautiful and definitely to be treasured .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I started my stitching habit with cross stitch too. That is one gorgeous sampler. Thank goodness you found it and bought it home to treasure. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! New to your blog and love it - wow!!!! what a treasure you have found here - I love op shopping!! and this here cross stitch is just perfection, you are very lucky! I am a Perthite too so it is lovely to meet another Perth Lady!
    Hugs
    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx