Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Saturday, April 21, 2012

FNSI My Friday Night Sew In

While watching the footy (bah humbug Dockers!) I finished my house block for the SKOW stitch a long, only 3 more blocks to finish by the end of the month to be up to date.... It's a little boring compared to most of the other blocks. I love how some stitchers were clever enough to use fabric for the lawn with small flowers on it, they look great.


Then I started stitching the first part of Val Laird's Lilac Love Trio Set, except mine is raspberry love...


Once the footy finished, I jumped into bed with a cup of tea, slice of marble cake, little Brun & the DVDs of the 2nd series of the Eagle, a Danish crime show. My craft item was my knitting, a hoody for the beautiful baby girl I will meet in June.


Knitting & TV with subtitles obviously don't mix when you are staring out on a pattern. I started this project while watching the first series of DVD's and as I had mixed up a row somewhere, started out last night by undoing about 8 rows. Now I have the 4 row pattern in my head & it is going much more smoothly. I'm sure I miss 30% of the dialogue though but am still loving this series. Two episodes, followed by a bit of a read & it was lights out.

Happy stitching
Tracee xx

8 comments:

  1. Glad you and the boys had a great night in Trace,hope you are enjoying your weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got a lot done, you must be a night owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects ther and I just adore the colors in that wool

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do stay up late Tracee, love the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice projects. Love your raspberry love Trio Set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice projects - I especially like the knitting. The colours and pattern are gorgeous. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun projects! I love that house block.. not boring at all. Have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great FNSI projects. I flitted around a bit too. Was in need of variety LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx