Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Val Adds Four Kitties to Quiltkittyville!

Happy Caturday everybody!

What other sort of community can you belong to beyond crafting where someone you only know online & may never meet face to face goes out of their way to spend hours making you a present just because they know you will love it? This community constantly delights me with the warmth, caring & generosity that flys around our blogworld. When something like I have to show you comes to me it certainly makes my heart give big, loud purrs.

Val Spiers & I, as well as being quilty bloggers, share a mutual love of all things CAT. Yes, I know, I bet that admission was a shock to many of you..... haha! Our furbabies share a major place in our families & lives so we have shared many an email on the subject as I have with a few others of you who share our furry addiction.



In early April Val asked for my details to send me a gift she was making. Oh the suspense! On the 14th April Val gave a sneak peek on her blog but fortunately little Brun was blogging that day so only he saw it & left a comment for Val. Now my parcel has arrived & is all set up ready to go on my winter recliner, in front of the slow combustion fire in the family room.


Val has designed & made me a gorgeous cushion cover from wool & linen. There is a beautiful natural linen & the wool is a navy, green, red & white tartan, which I love being a Scottish New Zealander. On the linen it says 'Meow' & 'Purr'. The kitties are also wool in brown, purple, reds & teal blue. The teal blue one at the bottom is my favourite with his little back up. That's how he will feel when I jump on to the recliner & snuggle up against him.


Of course, it scored 10 out of 10 on the 'sniff' test by both Brun & Hun-bun & definately scores 10 out of 10 with their muma. Your beautiful design Val is a delicious addition to Quiltkittyville. Now I just need to protect the chair & cushion from Brun & Hun-bun deciding, something new, must be mine! Thank you so much Val. I hope your Italian holiday is bringing you a huge amount of joy as you have brought to me. xx

I might be safe from Hun-bun poaching my chair. He has finally made up with his girlfriend Hermoine & they are cohabiting on a nightly basis again. I think my youngest furboy may only be a reliable boyfriend in the cooler months of the year. Poor Hermoine, she never complains.....



Big purrs
Tracee xx Brun xx Hun-bun xx

10 comments:

  1. Its so gorgeous. You are a very lucky girl to receive such a great gift. Watch out though because the furries will be snuggling up with it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cushion, looks perfect in your chair. Cute photo of Hun-bun and Hermoine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Trace what a beautiful cushion from Val,you have been spoilt,enjoy the footy tonight,has Brutus got his footy snack of sardine in tomato sauce,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may have a fight on your hands... getting up close to the new cushion. I think I hear your fur balls saying...'It looks sooo snuggly!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one seriously gorgeous cushion! I'm a scottish kiwi too - I was a Macdonald in a former life. Also in my 40's and a cat lover - we're practically twins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cushion. What a lovely surprise from Val.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous gift - and so you!!!!! That is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work and a gorgeous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous gift and a beautiful photo of Hun Bun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx