Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Val laird's All My Lovely Sewing Things

At last a beautiful project finished, on the wall & photographed!

I love Val Laird's patterns, so sweet, girly & filled with little reminders of the past that I love. This is my version of 'All My Lovely Sewing Things' that appeared in Homespun Magazine's Oh So Fresh Issue 12.2.


Most of this project is completed with a charm pack so there is no having to pick & coordinate fabrics - something I find hard. I used Breakfast at Tiffany's by Fig Tree & Co for Moda. Isn't it just so pretty. There is enough left to do another but I am making up another project using one of Gail Pan's new stitchery patterns at the moment to use up my pretty left overs.


The applique in the middle is gorgeous especially the little tape measure snail. He is my favourite little applique at the moment & my profile pic on Facebook too. I changed the quilting where the words are & instead of having swags over the words, mirrored the squares that are around each applique. I am very happy with the end result.


If you are not a follower of Val's yet, check out her blog & I am sure you will want to be. Val is having a 400 follower giveaway so it is a great time to go over there & win some goodies too.

The latest Handmade has a new pattern of Val's for a table topper called 'With Sugar & Cream'. Another sweet design (literally!) and I can feel my subconcious going 'you must make this, you must make this' - who am I to argue???

Happy stitching
Tracee xx

11 comments:

  1. I love this pattern, I marked it with a strip of paper when the magazine came out - always planning to make it myself . Your version makes me want to start straight away. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovelyfinish Tracee... I do like Val's designs too - yours looks fantastic...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely gorgeous Tracee... I love the colors you have chosen..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks soooo good! So nice to hear it is done with a charm pack - might check it out myself! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so lovely Tracee...I'm a sucker for a nice 'prairie point'....Val does such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wall hanging is gorgeous, I love the colours you have chosen ... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pritty I just love it. I love snail tape measure it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have done a wonderful job on that Kylie..I am so drawn to Vals' work..and have ear marked several projects including the With sugar and cream one,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely work you have done...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx