Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Monday, August 1, 2011

Tuesday Treasures....

My little Tuesday Treasure this week is a beautiful crochet rug my Aunty made. Over the years she laboured long & hard to make one for all the members of the family so must have made maybe a dozen at least. It is single bed size so lots of lovely granny squares. I received mine in my early 20s & carried it on the planes back with me as I flew from my home town of Nelson, New Zealand to Auckland, then on to Perth. It weighs quite a bit but I was snuggly warm on the flights :)



My mum had one too & as she has now passed, I (& Brutus) have guardianship of her rug for her. As you can see, when little Brutus wants a special warm hug from both his Granny & his Aunty, he snuggles up in the blanket Aunty made for mum.

To join in on Tuesday Treasures or see the links to all the posts, go to Melody's blog, The House on The Side of the Hill.

Happy Tuesday!
Tracee xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tracee. I have one that I snuggle under watching TV that my Nan made for me. I feel a little guilty as a quilter but it's my fav. for telly watching. What lovely warm memories your rugs are for you.....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love the colours in the blanket! and somehow, blankets are always nicer when someone we love has made them. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brutus looks so comfy on this gorgeous blanket. Thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blanket and obviously approved by the most fussy blanket tester :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx