Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Friday, October 7, 2011

F.R.I.E.N.D.S Swap from Shez

I finally decided to join in on a swap again & what a beauty I picked. It was the FRIENDS Swap organised by Kris of SewPrimKris. Thanks Kris for your work organising this!

Each Swapper sent their partner 1 gift beginning with each of the letters in the word Friends so 7 gifts for every one. It was my lucky day & in the draw I received Shez from Enjoying Life as my swap partner.

It was like Christmas the day I got home from work & the mail man had left me a parcel.


And it only got better from there!

F is for Fabric Roll (at last some yellow - yah) & R is for Reading (great for on the plane next week)



I is for Items for the kitchen (check out the kitty buttons - ohhhh!)


E is for Egyptian Fabric made in to a gorgeous bag



N is for Needlecase (in my current favourite - green!), D is for DMC Threads (great colours) & S is for Stitchery Patterns (my most favourite crafty past time).




How spoilt am I???? Thank you Shez for your thought, generoisity & heart that has gone in to my swap presents & our email chats with each other. Plenty more to come.....

Shez has now received my parcel & did a lovely post of her goodies you can check out on her blog.

I did have fun making her a bag. It was different from usual as you put the three layers together & cross hatched them before cutting the pieces out. Love how my Frixion pen made it easier & then just disappeared when I ironed the finished fabric sandwich.



The fabric is a beautiful Quest For A Cure fabric from a few years back. The selveage is used as a tie so you know the significance of the fabric too. I was rather liberal in matching my gifts to letters so called this E is for Emotions Bag. Poor Shez though she was getting a new pair of ears after an earlier blog post where I said I was having a problem with E.



To continue my dubious name matching N was for Nice Little Wall Hanging. A recent Homespun project that was too cute to pass up. It looks better with it's hanger & ribbon but I forgot to photograph it then. See the rest on Shez's blog.


So after opening all that goodness I sure had a smile on my face. No so Hun-bun - didn't you buy me a present mum? Just not his day.....


Happy stitching (& swapping!)
Tracee xx

4 comments:

  1. What an amusing post Tracee,I have thoroughly enjoyed this swap with you,oh and i felt awful i didnt think of Hun Bun,next time i will remember.Thankyou again Tracee for all my wonderful,lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops i forgot and for being my new blogging friend.oxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hun & Brunnie are too spoilt as is. It was my turn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..oh Tracee you too have been spoilt, love what Shez has made for you.....fantastic bag.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx