Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Week That Was.....

Hi all

It's been a big week, lots of work including our AGM on Wednesday which meant getting home from work at 10.30pm (followed by a nap in on Thursday morning). A bonus was being able to bring home one of the flower arrangements. The photo below was taken Thursday so now all the lillies are out & it is even more gorgeous.


Like many I am doing the mad secret sewing rush to get all my Christmas swaps ready. Lots of hand stitching & Friday night I surprised even my self with a machine sewing frenzy. I zipped through a couple of swap pressies, part of a table runner & a little bag for a precious little lady who has just turned six.
 
The bag is called Ruby's Party Bag, a free pattern from Moda Bakeshop's blog & website. You can find it here. It is the perfect tiny size for a perfect tiny little lass, one of my big hands almost fills it. I used three of Melly's 'Where The Wind Blows' fabric, the main one great for a fellow pinkaholic.


Today was the first meeting of the WA Quilters Guild's applique group, now known as The Applique Junkies. We met in one members house with 11 of us to begin with. Next year we will have a hall & welcome everyone so it should grow much larger. There was a great show & tell (with my camera sadly forgotten at home), needleturn, machine & blanket stitch applique in progress and of course plenty of food & coffees. At last, a quilt group that meets way North of the river in Perth. It is only once a month but was a great day.

I worked on 3 projects today, finishing the binding on a swap gift;


Finishing the blanket stitch applique on another swap gift;


And starting the blanket stitch applique on a third swap gift;


Quite a productive day amongst lots of talk, recommendations of places to buy, lots of comparing notes on the frustrations of free motion quilting & longarm quilting and even some discussion on applique, especially the dreaded needleturn which a couple of ladies were very proficient at - hope for me yet!
 
Now I am going to sew three Snugglybug blocks - good thing I don't think I will need dinner.
 
Please note: NO santas were harmed in the making of these swap gifts!
 
Happy stitching
Tracee xx

10 comments:

  1. Cute little bag Tracee. Glad to hear no Santa's were hurt! I love the look on Rudolph's face with Santa going down the chimney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those Christmas gifts look like they would fit perfectly in my home :) have a great week, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous presses being made at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All sooo cute! and I'm happy Santa is OK...lol ! Perhaps one is headed my way? no I didn't think so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very productive Tracee. Love the projects you have shown us and those flowers are wonderful. Sounds like you will have a great time at the applique club too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic to have a productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blooms. That is such a sweet bag. Your appliqué club sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag is too darling - and all your projects look so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracee...wow, your projects are just awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your flowers the are so lovely. Very nice bag for some one little. Boy you have been busy wipping up those Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx